Friday, February 1, 2008

The Mommy Survey

To celebrate Ethan turning 11 months today, I decided to fill out the mommy survey that a friend tagged me to do. Only one more month and our baby--sniff--will be 1!

1. Age(s)? 11 months today
2. Name(s)? Ethan Kyle
3. Birthdays? 03/01/2007
4. Time(s) of birth? 3:43 pm
5. How long did labor last? about 15 hours
6. Who was in the room when baby was born? Kyle and my mom, but it seemed a bit crowded with hospital people. Although they didn't want to alarm me, they were prepared for a worse outcome. They were a little concerned about Ethan because he had already pooped before my water broke (which isn't good if they breath it in), they had to put me on oxygen, and the cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times. They rushed him away to check him out, but returned him within a few minutes because he was just fine.
7. How long did you push? It only took about 20-30 minutes. I can't imagine what it would have been like to have it last longer. It is exhausting!!
8. Weight? 7 lbs. 3 oz.
9. Length? 20 1/2 inches
10. Any hair? Oh yeah. Not only was it thick, but it was dark too. Kyle jokingly asked me who the father was. Someone else comment that he looked Chinese.
11. Who does baby look like? It is almost unanimous that he looks like Kyle, though as he has been getting older we can see a little more of me in him.
12. Be honest...how much weight did you gain while pregnant? Surprising enough I only gained 10 pounds. I felt like I was eating all the time. I think I had little extra to start with though.
13. Was baby early or late? He was one day late. I was mad that he hadn't come yet because I was so anxious. The evening of the due date we closed on our house. Five hours later--12:30 am.--I woke up with terrible cramps. I was so tired and didn't realize that I was in labor until the cramps didn't stop. Kyle had to convince me that it was labor.
14. Who drove you home from the hospital? Kyle
15. How many baby showers did you have? 2
16. When did baby start sleeping through the night? Ethan has always been a good sleeper at night. Even from the beginning, he usually only woke me up once in the middle of the night. Now he sleeps from about 7 to 5, eats, then back down until about 7:30 or 8.
17. Did you breastfeed? Yep, and I'm still going, though I look forward to weaning him soon. Yet, it is hard thinking about stopping when it makes him so excited. I had a hard time when Ethan was first born to get him to latch right. It was really stressful and painful for the first week or two and had times I doubted I'd be able to do it.
18. Who takes care of your baby/kids the most? Me
19. When do you want to have another one? When the time is right.
20. How did you pick the name(s)? We liked it, then saw how popular it is and had doubts. However, we never found an alternate we were serious about and got tired of one of the nurses calling him "maybe Ethan" in the hospital.
21. How did you know when it was time to go to the hospital? I was told to call the hospital once my pains were 5 minutes apart for an hour. Once they began they were that far apart. When I called the hospital they told me to come whenever I wanted. We thought we'd watch an episode of the Simpsons to pass the time before we went, but we didn't get far into it before I wanted to go to the hospital because I was nervous and hurt so bad when the contractions came.
22. Anyone spend the night with you the first night home? just Kyle, though I called my mom
to come help a few days later since I was having trouble getting Ethan to nurse and recover
from everything.
23. Did you cry the first time you held your baby? I think I got a little teary. I was surprised I
didn't bawl though. I was was really excited to finally meet him and be finished
24. Where was the baby born? at LDS Hospital in Salt Lake
25. Did you video tape the birth? Kyle recorded some of the before and after, but not while I was pushing. We need to do a little editing though since Kyle didn't realize he caught a little too much of me while taping Ethan at one point.

Anyone who would like to fill out this survey should. It was fun!

1 comment:

Amy and Micheal said...

I can't believe Ethan is almost a year! Time takes on such a different meaning when you're a mom. Before we know it we'll be attending their high school graduations! Ahhhh!