Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Ethan!!

We celebrated Ethan's first birthday on Saturday in Logan with our families. We had so much fun!

Here is a picture I took of Ethan to send in to "Good Things Utah" for their birthday babies. I didn't have much to choose from because the smile quickly turned to tears when mom wouldn't let him have the camera.



I had lots of fun making Ethan's birthday cake. It is supposed to be a rubber ducky in water with bubbles.


We expected Ethan to really make a mess and tear into his cake. (Yeah, I wanted him to get the head and I got to decapitate it). He isn't used to having sweets other than graham crackers. Later that evening, he even threw up. Poor kid! He wouldn't even touch his ice cream.Here he his playing with his new toys. His cousin Brian helped him learn how they worked. Brian also helped him open some of them and helped him blow out his candle. Thanks Brian!!
Brian also pushed Ethan around in his new dump truck.

I tied a helium balloon to the mailbox to help people find the party. It started snowing and buried the balloon. We thought this was pretty funny.

4 comments:

The Over Family said...

I can't believe that Ethan is already a year old! Time sure does fly fast! The cake you made is amazing!! How/where/when did you learn how to do that kind of stuff? I love the crying pictures of Ethan... :)

Heather Taylor Photography said...

It was a fun party, and Brian definitely enjoyed "helping" Ethan! You really did such a nice job on the cake, too.

Kristina said...

I love the cake, Jen! And wow, look at all of those teeth that Ethan has. :)

Amy and Micheal said...

Holy cow, has a whole year gone by already?! I swear I was just at your baby shower. What an amazing cake, Jen! I'm going to have to hire you for my kids' birthdays. What a fun party!