Friday, July 18, 2008

Ka-Chow!!

Ethan hasn't ever been too interested in watching TV or any cartoons whatsoever for more than a few minutes at a time, but just this last week he became absolutely obsessed with the Disney movie "Cars." He wants to watch it all the time. He doesn't always watch it all in one sitting, but there have been a few days he's watched it twice in a day. It makes him happier than anything we've ever seen. He just about went crazy when I showed him this picture of Lightning McQueen. Because he saw this picture I had to let him watch the movie again. At first he would get upset if I wasn't watching it with him, but he is getting better at letting me do my own thing. I can't express how much it has annoyed me having all the songs stuck in my head over the past week and the "Cars" related dreams I've had from watching it so many times. If only he would let us watch something else. We've tried several other movies, but so far he very earnestly and clearly communicates that he wants more Lightning. He doesn't say the word "car" yet, but will say "downstairs" because that is where the TV is. We've tried to get him to say Ka-Chow, but he hasn't gotten that one down yet either.
When he isn't downstairs watching "Cars" or playing with his toys he is pulling things out of drawers. Unfortunately he is becoming tall enough to reach the top drawers now.
Monday was Ethan's Uncle John's birthday. We met Grandma and Grandpa Morrey, John, and his girlfriend for dinner at Happy Sumo at the Gateway. We all enjoyed the food and Ethan was our entertainment. He really loved the fountain there, but we didn't get any really good pictures.

3 comments:

Justin and Kenzee said...

Looks like you had a fun time at Gateway. Hopefully Nolan will have a good time there tonight too. Maybe we'll try Happy Sumo after our conversation this morning. Sounds yummy!

Ryan and Michelle said...

Yay! John has a girlfriend! A definite must when turning 30. Our nephew Scott loves "Cars" too. Right now Austin really only watches a signing DVD we got from a baby shower. I totally understand how songs can get stuck in your head.

Amy and Micheal said...

Ah yes, "Cars" is a favorite at our house too. I love that you've been having related dreams! ha ha. It's nice once they find a few different ones they like. I remember when the boys were in "Nemo" mode non-stop. I could have quoted that movie in my sleep. Ethan is so cute, and so mischievious getting into the drawers!