Thursday, August 21, 2008

Big Brother

Lately I've been thinking about how it is kind of sad that Ethan doesn't really know that he is going to be a big brother soon. He'll be 18 months next week and hasn't seemed to understand when I tell him that he is going to have a little sister or that Mommy has a baby in her tummy.

Just the other day Kyle and I were talking to him and asked him where Mama's baby was. He lifted my shirt and eagerly pointed to my belly. Then he kissed it repeatedly after we prompted him to kiss the baby. I am often surprised at how much he picks up and understands when I don't think he does. It really made my day. I know he is going to be a great big brother, though I'm sure it will take some adjustment. He is such a tender and sweet natured boy. I can't wait to see the love he will have for his sister.

2 comments:

Justin and Kenzee said...

That's so sweet. He'll probably adjust better than you could imagine. Let's just hope he doesn't want to carry her around. :-)

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Oh, I'm sure Ethan will do great! How sweet of him, too. :)