Sunday, August 17, 2008

Work in Progress

Kyle and I have been planning on repainting our interiors for quite a while. Last winter I removed lots of nasty wallpaper that had been painted over in our hallway and bedroom. It is probably more of a nesting thing, but I wanted to take advantage of the little time Kyle has before he starts school again to get most of our painting done. We worked each evening this week prepping our walls and painted all day Friday and Saturday. Kyle spent last weekend painting our storage room which seemed to be more work than we anticipated (especially since one of us has to keep Ethan away) so we were grateful that Kyle's mom was so willing to come help us paint our entire upstairs (excluding bedrooms and bathrooms). We couldn't have done it without you, Lynne!! The whole process took about twice as long as we thought it would, and took about twice the paint we anticipated (1-1/2 gallons of primer and 5-1/2 gallons of paint). We still have to paint all of our baseboards and around our doors and do some touch ups so I don't have any after pictures yet, but here are a few we took during the process.

This green covered about 1/3 of the area we painted.
Kyle priming the green walls
We have vaulted ceilings in our house making some places a bit difficult to paint. For anyone interested, we went with Kwal's color called "plant stand." It is kind of a taupe but more greenish yellow. It is funny how different it looks under different lighting, but we love it already.
Ethan had a great time seeing his grandma Morrey over the last few days. He even had a little sleepover in her room one of the nights. We were glad he was as good as he was during the process.

Baby weighs about 2-1/4 lbs this week (like a Chinese cabbage) and is just under 15 inches in length. Although I feel huge and find it hard to imagine nearly 3 more months of pregnancy, I can still see my feet so I guess I mustn't be quite as large as I feel.

6 comments:

The Taylor LIfe said...

It is looking good, make sure you post when you get finished, I love seeing the end result. I cannot believe you have 3 months left. Hope everything goes smooth.

Ryan and Michelle said...

What fun it is to have a house, huh? I understand completely about keeping Ethan distracted. My sister came up for just a few hours last week and I was absolutely astonished at everything I was able to do while she happily played with Austin. Everyone says it gets easier with 2 cuz they can play and distract each other. You'll have to let us know if it's true!

just fyi, your last pic isn't showing. at least not for me

Ryan and Michelle said...

one more thing (this is Ryan)... I am very jealous that you get to pick out your own colors and paint your own walls. The colors of our apartment walls are "bleck", "blagg", and "blah". Someday we'll get to agonize over whether we want "garden teacup" or "segolily mist" to adorn our walls. Until then we'll just covet.

The Over Family said...

wow -- you guys are so ambitious! I love all of the projects that your family gets involved in! :) I can't believe that you only have 3 more months of pregnancy!

Justin and Kenzee said...

I bet you'll be glad to have a fresh new look. Hang in there... it's going to look great!

Amy and Micheal said...

That is quite the project, you guys are very brave. And I love the color you guys chose. I can't wait to see some final finish photos!