Sunday, September 28, 2008

Not a very exciting week

This week wasn't too exciting and we struggled thinking of something to post for this week. Kyle started working a 4/10 work schedule. It seemed to go pretty well and it will be nice to have him off every Friday instead of every other Friday with his old schedule. Ethan however, has started waking up extra early (usually between 5:30 and 6:00 am) so Jen has been extra tired lately.

This weekend Grandma Taylor came to visit and help us bottle tomatoes. It was lots of fun having her come stay with us. Ethan loved all the extra attention. We were happy that we didn't have a tragedy like we usually do when she comes. It seems like every time she has come in the past, we get water in our basement. Ethan did wake up in the middle of the night crying after a loud thump. He had his first bloody nose. We aren't sure what caused it, but he may have fallen out of bed (even with his bed rail). Ethan loved to play with the boxes the quart jars came in.

For anyone who cares we found a new table and chairs on ksl.com and you can sort of see it in the picture below. It is vintage Drexel Heritage. We've been looking for the last year for a round table with leaves that wasn't oak to fit our bay window. Despite needing to replace the seat fabric, this set is in great condition.

Ethan climbed on the table the other day an I couldn't help but take a picture. Lately he has loved wearing his hat around the house. He loves to point at it and say "aat." He hated wearing anything on his head a few weeks ago, but now he loves to put on his hat.
This week our baby (soon we'll decide on a name...we hope) weighs 4.75 pounds like your average sized canteloupe, and is 18 inches long.

5 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I love the new table set, very nice. I also love your little centerpiece in the middle with his hat and all. Both my boys hated wearing hats, too, and now they do all the time. Maybe it's a boy thing.

The Over Family said...

That's great that you got a new table...it looks nice. And Ethan looks so cute with his hat on!

Kristina said...

The table looks great. And to comment on your comment from my blog, I hope that I have your luck with weight loss after pregnancy! You've always been cute and small, but I'm sure it was encouraging to after having Ethan.

Kristina said...

Whoa, that didn't make sense. I meant to say I'm sure it was encouraging to do so well after having Ethan. :)

Justin and Kenzee said...

Great find with the table. I knew you'd been wanting something that fit that area better. It feels like forever since I've seen you, Jen. I hope you're hanging in there with baby. One more month, yahoo! Have you gone to appointments every week yet? I can't remember when that changes.