Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Weekend

We had a great weekend visiting family for Conference. We didn't get as much sleep as we would have liked (since it was too easy to stay up late visiting and because Ethan likes to get up at 6:30 regardless of how late he stays up). We had a fun time regardless. Ethan had fun playing with his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was fun to show off all of his new vocabulary and he entertained us by playing daddy's harmonica.

This is about the only picture taken this week. Ethan got to pick out a pumpkin from Grandma Taylor's garden.
This week our baby is just over 18 inches long and about 5 1/4 lbs (like a honeydew melon). We can hardly believe we are so close to having her here!! It is a bit scary thinking about what is coming in the next few weeks. Although I won't know until next Monday the position of the baby or if I'm starting dilate, I can certainly tell that things are starting to happen as I get more aches, and contractions. Maybe it is wishful thinking, but I just have a feeling that she's going to come early. Ethan was a day late so I have no reason to think this, but still I sense it. Monday is also the beginning of my weekly visits (for those of you who are curious).

6 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Holy cow, this pregancy is going by fast! Well, to me it is, anyways. It feels like yesterday you had Ethan. I love that picture of him, by the way. What a handsome little guy!

Justin and Kenzee said...

Ethan is so handsome! The girls were asking about you at aerobics this morning. They all hope you're feeling okay during this last month. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Kristina said...

Jenn, it was sooooo good to see you on Saturday! I'm glad you took the time to chase me down! :) You looked great and I can't believe that you only have 1 month left with your pregnancy. Good luck with the last few weeks!

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

We are so excited that you will be having your baby soon. Good Luck with everything. Ethan looks so cute sitting on the pumpkin.

john and amber said...

That is such a cute picture of Ethan sitting on the pumpkin! I hope you are feeling well, Jen. I can't wait to see that little girl! :)

Lacey said...

I agree with Amy-- for the rest of us it seems like your pregnancy has gone really fast! It probably doesn't feel that way to you though! Sometimes I think you just know when they'll come early. I always thought Ivy would, so even when I was only dialated to a 1+ and 70% effaced and the doctors said I likely had quite a ways to go, she still came 10 days early. My only advice would be to pack your bags early! I didn't, but next time I will! :)