Sunday, November 2, 2008

Somebody was born today...

...It was Jen, 27 years ago. It was a nice birthday. Kyle told me my present was that I got an extra hour of birthday fun (due to daylight savings). Seriously though, he gave me a few really nice presents. I got a music player for the kitchen so I can listen to music more easily since I spend so much time there. He also got me some really good chocolate, made me a carrot cake from scratch, and prepared a lovely roast beef dinner with the instructions that I couldn't do any of the cooking. It was very good and nice to have the day off.


Ethan was very sweet today. He gave me a wonderful present. For the first time he let me know that he had a poopy diaper by getting my attention by repeatedly saying "blegh!!" and pulling his pants down. I often ask him if he is poopy and he shakes his head "no" regardless of whether he is or not. Hopefully this will continue and he'll be ready to potty train soon.

We were finally able to capture a picture of Ethan when he folds his arms and closes his eyes for prayer. So cute!
Kyle has been teaching Ethan the difference between smiling and frowning. This is Ethan's attempt at frowning on command (you can also tell that he really enjoyed eating some of Mama's birthday cake tonight).

6 comments:

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Hope you had a great birthday! The dinner looks yummy, too. :)

Hope you have some great news tomorrow! ;)

john and amber said...

Happy Birthday Jen! The picture of Ethan getting ready to pray is so cute. And what an adorable monkey! :)

Amy and Micheal said...

Happy Birthday, Jen! 27! What are we going to do when we hit 30? Eek! I'm glad you had such a great day!

Lacey said...

Happy birthday, Jen! When did we get so old? :) I hope you'll be celebrating another birthday this week!

Justin and Kenzee said...

I'm glad you had a fun birthday. Kyle's dinner looks awesome. Maybe he'll have to cook more often after baby comes! ;-) I love Ethan's little sweater. So handsome! You'll have to let me know how your doctor's appt. went today. The girls at aerobics are curious for news.

Ryan and Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Jen! Who knew that Kyle could cook... he sure didn't when we were roomates. Looks like I'm still in the running with the baby due date prediction.