Monday, December 22, 2008

Ward Christmas Party

We've had quite the week. We attended four Christmas parties together as a family this week. Jen got food poisoning from a RS activity this week and almost had to miss our ward Christmas party. Fortunately she felt just well enough to attend (though she only ate bread and water) so that she could help persuade Ethan to sit on Santa's lap after last year's fright. It was a little less traumatic, we think.Brooklyn took to Santa much better.
Although she had been in bed all day, Jen didn't want to miss the Christmas party because she was asked to portray Mary. The woman who asked Jen also had a costume made specifically for her to wear. Besides, it would be Brooklyn's acting debut. Not only would she be able to stretch herself by playing a boy, but what an opportunity to play the part of the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.

Lastly, here is a picture we took a few weeks back of Brooklyn in the Santa dress her Grandma Taylor got for her.
We spent the weekend in Logan for family Christmas parties. The drive there was a bit of a pain since they closed I-15 just north of Ogden due to a 33-car pile up. We hate winter driving! Our drive home was fine, but Kyle was sick today with the flu, I've had a sore throat (and still waiting for my stomach to feel 100% again), and Ethan seems to be getting a cold. We sure hope we all feel well again for Christmas.

4 comments:

Stephen said...

I never realized until I was a parent how traumatic an experience meeting Santa really could be! Jen, you make a beautiful Mary, and Brooklyn looks like she preformed the part of the Christ child fabulously. Hope you're all feeling better in time for Christmas!

Lacey said...

While I'm sure Steve would agree with everything I wrote, I should let you know that that was really me, accidentally posting under his name. I've been doing that far too much lately...

Justin and Kenzee said...

Yeah, winter is definitely a headache with all the sickness and stormy drives. I love the picture of Mary and baby Jesus. So precious. Brooklyn is the cutest little Santa baby I've ever seen. Have a merry Christmas and thanks for the delicious treats!

Amy and Micheal said...

Sorry you've got all the bugs coming and going! That's one small negative aspect of the season, all the colds and sniffles! What a lovely Mary you are, Jen! I love Ethan's expression atop Santa. I wonder how Kennet will do. I guess it all depends on his mood. Merry Christmas!