Monday, January 12, 2009

Our 2-Month Angel

Brooklyn is 2 months old today and had her well-child visit. I couldn't believe how many shots she had to get! I was told that the 2 month visit is the worst one; she was given 5 vaccines. It was no wonder that she didn't feel very well this afternoon. She hasn't ever been as fussy as she was this afternoon. I felt bad that there was little I could do to help. She seemed to feel a lot better when daddy got home. He had no trouble getting her to smile for him.She now weighs 10.5 lbs and is 23.24 inches long. The doctor said that puts her at the 50th percentile for weight and 90th for height. I wondered why her 3 month clothes seems like they will be short on her soon. Ethan was much the same way. He was in the 90th percentile for height for a while and usually in the 30th for weight. It has been fun seeing fat rolls on Brooklyn that Ethan never had.

Brooklyn has been really enjoying the play mat that she got for Christmas. She has started batting at the toys. She really lights up when she is on it. It is so fun to see her grow! We can't wait until she and Ethan will be able to play together.

6 comments:

Justin and Kenzee said...

I can't believe it's been two months already! She is such a little darling. I'm going to get a playmat with our next baby. The one I had with Nolan was always falling over and I hear that they're wonderful (when they work).

john and amber said...

Brooklyn is such a cutie. That is hilarious about Ethan's homemade juice made with his cars! Yeah, we are not looking forward to the potty training process either... but it sure will be great once it's completed!

Kristina said...

Brooklyn is so adorable. That little smile is so cute! Oh, and I wanted to ask if you ever got the little birdie I sent. I hope it didn't take too long to get there!

The Taylor LIfe said...

I have not seen her smile yet and that picture is so cute. She looks different every time I see her. She is such a cute little angel.

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Awww.... I bet that smile melts you everytime! How cute.

Steve and Kirsten said...

Time flies! What a happy girl.