Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rub a Dub Dub, Two Kids in the Tub

This week we saw lots of family. Ethan went to visit Grandma Morrey for a few days and I was reminded how much easier life was with one kid (though I think Ethan is probably the easier of the two because he is a bit more independent). We took advantage of his absence by painting our banister. Unfortunately we underestimated how long it would take and still haven't finished it. It seems like I only have time to work on it when I am able to get both kids to nap at the same time (and frankly painting isn't always how I want to spend those glorious few hours). I'm losing my determination to paint my kitchen cabinets like I wanted to do this summer. We'll see though. That project comes with a promise of getting new countertops and a sink when it is finished!!!

For the last week or so, we started bathing the kids together. Ethan absolutely loves helping wash Brooklyn. It has been so cute, though we've had to be sure he doesn't get soap in her eyes.

Jen's cousin Melissa got married up in Logan this weekend. Of course we forgot to take our camera. (Kyle has some cell phone pics that I don't have right now). We had a good time visiting with family and taking advantage of the free babysitting. Kyle and I went and saw the new Disney/Pixar movie Up in 3D. We really enjoyed it, though I thought the beginning was really sad (I didn't cry).

Here is a picture of Ethan playing piano with Grandma Morrey. He loves to play the pianos at both Grandma's houses. It is funny what Ethan associates his Grandma's with. Whenever we talk about Grandma Morrey he talks about cars and ice cream. She collects the toy cars from the movie Cars and usually has a new one whenever he visits. He loves those things so much. He talks about them all the time. Grandma Taylor is known for having chocolate milk whenever he visits. This is a big deal to him too. I have fond memories of going to my Grandma Taylor's as a kid and being given some chocolate milk and Creamies. It will be fun to see what our kids will look forward to in future visits as they grow up.

3 comments:

Justin and Kenzee said...

Cute tubby pictures! That's great that you had some time with only one kid again. Too bad you didn't finish the banister, but I bet it will look great when you do. You two are such hard workers... always doing big projects around the house. I guess that's just what homeowners do! ;-)

Lacey said...

Those nap time hours really are precious! I have a hard time doing things that NEED to be done during that time, unless I really WANT to do them... if that makes sense. But your house must be looking great, with all the work you've put into it! Bathtime looks like so much fun! I bet both Brooklyn and Ethan enjoy getting to share that fun time.

Kate said...

Your so lucky to have both sets of grandparents close by! Its amazing how the kids really begin to associate all sorts of good things with their grandparents. Those memories will last a lifetime! What color are you going to paint your cabinets?