Sunday, February 28, 2010

Artist in Training

Last week we bid $11 on a 4x8 foot maker board at a local auction, and we won! We installed it in the basement, and the kids are having so much fun with it.
I think this is one of the first drawings of a face that Ethan has ever done. We're so proud of him. This one is a happy face. The one to the right is an angry face.
Ethan has been so interested in letters and spelling. He's always asking how to spell words like "Chick Hicks" and "Lightning McQueen" and "Dinaco McQueen" and "The King" and "Mrs The King" and "Dinaco helicoper" etc. He repeats every letter.
Ethan has been using the new marker board to practice writing too. Yes, Ethan did write this all by himself. Okay, Kyle did have to coax him a lot, and had to erase some of the extra lines that shouldn't have been there, but Ethan did all the writing. (btw, it says "I love dad")

We had an early 3rd birthday party for Ethan tonight - his birthday isn't until tomorrow. Jen spent all day Saturday making his cake, and we're really happy with how it turned out. Stay tuned for pictures and details.

4 comments:

Loni said...

I knew Ethan's birthday was coming up soon...are you guys going to have a party for him? We haven't seen you guys forever!!

P.S. We started a blog. :)

Lacey said...

What a steal for that white board! Looks like it's already being put to great use... so fun! I'm super impressed with Ethan's faces AND sentence writing skills. :)

Justin and Kenzee said...

Looks fun! I'm thinking of doing dry erase paint in our little playroom in the soon-to-be basement. I guess it would be good for teaching Nolan letters. I can't wait to see your cake... I bet it's awesome!

Holly said...

You are so talented. Love the cake and I love how you put the steps on there for me to copy it!!