Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Could it be?!

The warm weather we've been having has really made me anxious to get outside and start thinking about our garden. I've already bought some seeds (peas, spinach, broccoli, lettuces) to plant although it will still be a month before I dare risk it.

The kids and I spent some time outside today digging in the dirt and playing outside. I was surprised at how many weeds I found so soon. But what really surprised me was how many tulips are starting to come up.

Spring must be just around the corner! --At least for everyone NOT living in Cache Valley ;)

4 comments:

The Taylor LIfe said...

Hey, don't rub it in. I am looking forward to when our snow melts and I can go walking again outside. I still can't believe you have tulips coming up already. Crazy!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Wow, that is REALLY funny because I've been freaking out this whole weekend that mine are coming up too early! I just figured I had planted them wrong. I even talked to your mom about it tonight and she said not to worry about it. It's just so ODD not having snow/cold til May that the idea of tulips in February seems so weird. Glad to know that I haven't already killed off my bulbs and that this is normal! I will gladly welcome spring now.

Kristina said...

That's so cool you already have tulips coming up! In Indiana, we've had a snowy winter (we still have a foot or so of snow) so it will be a while before we get to think about gardening. :)

And thanks for letting me know about the hair bow tutorials on youtube. I didn't even think to look there.

Ryan and Michelle said...

"At least a month before you risk it"?? I hope the ice on my sidewalk has melted within the month! :D