Sunday, July 4, 2010

Reunion ²

Last weekend we attended both the Morrey family reunion at Beaver Creek Lodge up Logan Canyon, and my ten-year high school reunion. Sadly, we didn't get many pictures, though Kyle's dad got lots of the kids playing at Bear Lake (which we still need to get from him).

My reunion consisted of a family picnic and an evening dinner. Since we were attending both reunions, we opted to go to the family picnic. It wasn't greatly attended, but I did get to see several old friends and meet their kids. It was kind of strange stepping back into the high school era, but refreshing that it didn't have that same awkward intimitading feeling of high school. I especially was pleased to see my dear friend Amy and her boys.

I must admit it took me a little while to recognize my friend Lara, but hey, it has been a long time.
Ethan and Brooklyn had fun playing in the sand at the park with other kids. Ethan said he wanted to make a "snowman in the sand." Brooklyn saw what he was doing and had to join in.

Ethan has been excited about Toy Story 3 for about a year. He started being wishy-washy about wanting to see it for the last few weeks saying that he wanted to see it at home, or that he didn't want to see "Pixar" because he has lately been afraid of the lamp at the beginning of the movies. We tried so many things to make him want to go, but what finally worked was Kyle asking him if he wanted to "see it in a theater on Blu-ray." He had a blast. Grandma Taylor and I bawled. My kids are still babies, but it still got me how fast they grow up.


At the Morrey family reunion all Brooklyn wanted to do was "'wing, 'wing."



A trip to Bear Lake isn't complete without a trip (or two) to get a shake.


5 comments:

Justin Morrey said...

Here's a comment on this because you wanted me to comment.

Lacey said...

I was sad to miss out on the family picnic portion of the class reunion but I had Youth Conference that day. It would have been nice to meet your kids too! Had you been at the dinner we probably would have sat together... Amy and Lara sat at the same table as me too. :) I love the photo of the three of you. You all are so cute have such fun and stylish short hair cuts, it makes me want to jump in and join your club! :)

Justin and Kenzee said...

Oh, I LOVE Bear Lake raspberry shakes! We haven't been up there for a long time so I'm feeling a little jealous.
I laughed out loud when you said that you cried when Ethan went to the movie theater. So funny! You must be one of those mothers that will fall apart on the first day of Kindergarten! ;-)

The Morreys said...

If there was any misconception, it was the movie that made me cry, not the fact that Ethan was old enough to go see a movie. ;)

Amy and Micheal said...

It was so great to see you too, Jen! And it was fabulous to finally meet little Brooklyn! Your family is adorable! I meant to take more pictures at the dinner, but alas, only got one of me, Lara, and her husband, Jess. I forgot I even had my camera with me. It was fun to catch up with everyone and see their cute kids. You look absolutely adorable. I love your haircut!! We should get together sometime!